My favourite chutneys by Henrietta

I've never been a big fan of chutneys - that is until I met Paul from FatJax Chutneys. We bumped into him at the first ever Great Harwood Farmers Market back in 2012. I admitted to him that I didn't like chutney very much, so he suggested I try his tasting table, I did and was completed hooked.

FatJax was started by Paul and Rob, they are both trained chefs with amazing palettes. They sum up their business by saying "Our products are lovingly handmade by chefs and squashed into jars for you to enjoy"

I now use chutneys regularly in my cooking. My favourite is a tomato based pasta dish which uses either the 'Mediterranean vegetable relish' or the 'sweet tomato and onion relish' and always includes one of the scotch bonnet chutneys. Both the relishes are deep and flavourful and certainly bring a tin of tuna and tomatoes to a completely different level. Of course everything tastes better with a bit of spice.

The sweet red onion and chilli relish is absolutely amazing with cheese and biscuits, especially more mature cheddars or brie. The scotch bonnet jelly is divine with sausages. The Bengali spiced pineapple and South Indian spiced mango are delicious with poppadoms or alongside a curry.

We recently used the seriously sticky rib sauce which completely blew us away with the depth of flavour.

I try to go to local Farmers Markets whenever I can and there is always at least one stall selling chutneys, I have tried other brands but always go back to FatJax.

If you haven't tried FatJax Chutneys you can buy on line  HERE

Give them a go, I promise you won't be disappointed. Please let us know how you get on or if you have already tried FatJax what do you think of them.

Henrietta


Disclaimer: We haven't been paid by FatJax to review their products nor have we received free products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New low carb crisps by Henrietta

Kefir by Henrietta