What foods do you not like? by Henrietta

I've always thought that I was a bit of a fussy eater, whilst there are not many things I don't like the two tastes I absolutely hate are aniseed and anything smoky.  Unfortunately not liking aniseed means no basil, tarragon, dill, star anise and fennel. Anything smoky includes chorizo and anything with smoked paprika in it.

I recently went to see an old friend and she made me a lovely lunch which included basil and I absolutely loved it so I've now given Humphry 'permission' to include some of the aniseed flavours in his cooking, so far there hasn't been anything I don't like.

My wonderful husband, Gary, whom I've always thought wasn't fussy at all has surprised us all with the things he doesn't like. Humphry and I decided to write a list of foods Gary doesn't like and in order for Humphry to remember them he wrote this fabulous poem which we printed out, framed and presented to Gary (aka Larry) after dinner one evening.

Food Larry Doesn't Like

This dude, Loves his food, Cheese and meat, Keep him sweet

But be beware, To avoid a hard stare, Foods listed below, Are all no go

Larry's an easy-going bloke, Until he sees an artichoke
And you might hear an angry word, If he's served with lemon curd

Be sure not to miss an open goalie, By serving Larry guacamole
A roast beef dinner is ruined, of course, If served with horseradish sauce

Cooked tomatoes are taboo, Leave them out if making stew
And of course, no peanut butter, It has a chance to make him stutter

Please omit all seeds and nuts, Larry simply hates their guts
That goes for Nutella too, Chocolate and nuts will never do

A fan of Bridget Bardot, But not of avocado
Just a hint of Aubergine, Is enough to make him mean

No chickpeas please, They make him wheeze,
He's incredibly peeved, If curry leaved

He's a cowardly custard, With any kind of mustard
For our selective Mr Wob, Make sure there's not even a blob

He's likely to make a fuss, If he's served asparagus
Butter beans in his stew, Are certain to make him spew

Liquorice, Is not a dish, That Watford Dave, Happens to crave

Don't try and serve olives at all, Even chopped very small
To tartar sauce he'll say 'no ta', It is just a step too far

And there's no way he will firkin, Eat a burger with a gherkin
Lemon grass, Is a pain in the arse

Beetroot, Makes him hoot. And coconut cream, Makes him scream (with rage)

As for sweet potato, Oh my gosh, Best pretend, It's butternut squash

His loving wife Jillian, Is one in a million,
To remain the apple of Larry's eye, These are the rules she must live by

To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New low carb crisps by Henrietta

My favourite chutneys by Henrietta

Kefir by Henrietta